The Castlegar Pistol Range is located at
Borrow Pit Road, Robson BC
Castlegar & District Wildlife Association
(Outdoor Range Rules)
CWDA and CPC Members are strongly encouraged to display their Membership Cards at the Rage either on their person or having their Membership Cards visible with their shooting gear at the benches. Having a membership ensures you have the required insurance required to use the range. When signing in at the range, using your first name with your membership card number (on the card) is acceptable.
This approved shooting range facility is for use by current members of the Castlegar and District Wildlife Association executive (and there supervised, up to 1 guest). Except for approved, alternate groups (by arrangement with the CDWA, such as law enforcement personnel) ALL OTHERS ARE TRESPASSING.
Safety and a clean, well-kept range are everyone’s duty and responsibility. PLEASE clean up after shooting: remove all targets and pick up empty cases and live rounds.
EXPLODING TARGETS ARE FORBIDDEN FOR USE AT THIS RANGE.
EYE AND HEARING PROTECTION ARE REQUIRED TO BE WORN BY EVERYONE ON THIS RANGE WHILE TARGET SHOOTING OR ACCOMPANYING SOMEONE SHOOTING.
- When entering the range, activate the warning sign on the driveway and ensure it is deactivated when the last shooter leaves the range.
- When more than one member is on the range, those present will designate A RANGE OFFICER who will be responsible for coordinating the shooting activities and by giving the commands “commence firing” and “cease fire and unload and show clear” . The range officer will also be responsible for ensuring that all firearms are unloaded (actions open) when shooting ceases and that no firearm be handled when anyone is down range.
- Always treat every firearm as if it were loaded even when you think it is not.
- Keep the action of the firearm open except when actually shooting or storing the firearm.
- Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- When coming to and from the firing line, firearms are to be unloaded and clear of ammunition, and they are not to be uncased or cased or prepared for firing except at the firing line or at the designated “safe area”.
- Your finger is always to be kept off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- After shooting never handle a firearm (except in the designated safety area NO AMMUNITION!) when someone is down range.
- Only the forward benches are to be used for bench-rest shooting. No shooting from the raised platform.
CENTER-FIRE RIFLES MUST USE PAPER TARGETS ONLY, THE DESIGNATED TARGET STANDS HAVE SAFETY BERMS BEHIND THEM. STEEL TARGETS MIGHT ONLY BE ENGAGED ON THE LEFT SIDE BERM UP TO THE 50-METER STAND.
DO NOT PLACE TARGETS ON THE TARGET STAND UP RIGHTS OR SUPPORTS – use only the central plywood area to attach paper targets. Shotguns must not be used to engage wooden target stands or clay pigeons.
FLAGRANT VIOLATION OF THE SAFETY RULES OR DESTRUCTION TO THE RANGE OR OTHER PROPERTY OR OTHER IRRESPONSIBLE BEHAVIOR COULD RESULT IN CANCELLATION OF MEMBERSHIP OR SERIOUS LEGAL CONSEQUENCES. PLEASE REPORT VIOLATORS TO THE CLUB EXECUTIVE.
January 20th 2016
MEMBERSHIP CANCELLATION AND BANNING FROM RANGE FOR VIOLATIONS
- NO SHOTGUN USE AT RANGE
- NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED ON SITE – YOUR LICENSE PLATE NUMBER WILL BE REPORTED TO RCMP AND RANGE DIRECTORES
- NO SHOOTING AT ANYTHING OTHER THAN APPROVED TARGETS IN FRONT OF BERMS
- NO “SHOOTING UP” OF TARGET STANDS AND POSTS
- NO BRINGING GARBAGE TO THE RANGE TO SHOOT AT
- NO USE OF EXPLODING TARGETS
- NO NON CDWA/CPC MEMBERS OTHER THAN 1 GUEST WITH A CDWA OR CPC MEMBER (IN GOOD STANDING )
WE WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY VIOLATIONS AND HAVE PLANNED RANGE AND MEMBERSHIP CHECKS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR. YOU MUST CARRY AND PROVIDE PROOF OF MEMBERSHIP WHEN ASKED TO DO SO. WE WILL NOT RISK LOSING OUR SHOOTING RANGE APPROVAL BECAUSE OF IRRESPONSIBLE MEMBERS OR NON-MEMBER (NO INSURANCE) USE
*BY ORDER OF CASTLEGAR AND DISTRICT WILDLIFE ASSOCIATION AN CASTLEGAR PISTOL CLUB EXECUTIVE